Polaris Refines RZR Line for 2013
April 19, 2013
Each year, the entire SXS industry waits in great anticipation of what Polaris is going to do with their model-year release. In recent years, there has been no shortage of market-leading vehicles delivered each year by Polaris. The 2013 RZR line sees the most major improvements, across the line, of any of the previous years. Read on to learn the details.
Perhaps the most underestimated vehicle in the RZR family, this model receives a new limited edition model for 2013, “Trail Limited Edition”, which sees major improvements:
- Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
- Engine Braking System (EBS)
- EBS is accomplished with a drive and driven clutch configuration that maintains tension on the CVT drive belt keeping the engine coupled to the drive wheels which slows the vehicle down when going down hills. In contrast, a non-EBS clutch system allows the engine to decouple from the engine when the throttle is released and then engine RPM returns to idle.
- Versatrack Turf Mode
- Turf Mode can be enabled with the switch on the dash at any vehicle speed but there is an electronic control that will not allow the differential to lock or unlock until the wheel speed drops below 15mph.
- Turf Mode utilizes a solenoid that moves a pin that either allows the rear gearcase to drive just one wheel in a traditional differential mode, or when engaged, locks both the right and left hand wheels together.
- Upgrading a base model 570 to have turf mode would be cost prohibitive and is not recommended.
- Glove Box
- Under hood access panel and dry storage case
- New black plastic with orange and white graphics
- Flow-through seatbelt tongue for easy adjustment
The 2013 RZR 570 is available in the following models:
- Trail Limited Edition
- Standard Polaris red
2013 RZR 570 Images: